Last Updated: May 3rd, 2018
Personal data gathered when you complete an Angus Beef Ireland (ABI) membership form:
When you complete an ABI membership form, we ask you to provide your name, address, herd number, phone number, mobile number and email address.
Purposes and Legal Grounds:
• Angus Beef Ireland (ABI) retains your profile information to certify your Angus cattle and to send you important information about your dealings with ABI. The details you provide are associated with your account profile. The legal ground for processing this information is ABI’s legitimate interest in certifying your Angus cattle and providing you important information about your dealings with ABI.
• You may withdraw your consent at any time by accessing your Angus Beef Ireland account through your personal access code (PAC) and your herd number or by writing to Angus Beef Ireland, Kilpatrick, Bunbrosna, Mullingar, Co Westmeath N91VY83. All members have been advised of their PAC number by post in May 2018 or upon joining the producer group after May 2018. If you did not receive this letter you can contact ABI at the address above. The correspondence you receive from Angus Beef Ireland is based on the preference you provided in your Angus Beef Ireland membership application form. The legal ground for processing this data is Angus Beef Ireland’s legitimate interest in reducing the correspondence with each member.
Recipients of Personal Data
• Your retained data is securely held by Angus Beef Ireland and is only used to certify your Angus cattle at whichever of our member factories you currently deal with.
• Angus Beef Ireland issues kill certification reports to our partner factories which may contain your herd number. These Angus certification reports are shared with whichever factory you have sold cattle to.
• We do not disclose or transfer any personal data about you to any other business other than those mentioned above.
Retention of Personal Data
• We will retain a member’s personal data for a period of 7 years from his/hers last active Angus kill report. A member who has not killed cattle within the scheme in a 7-year period will be deemed inactive and removed from our database. Should a former member wish to re-join the producer group, this can be done by completing the membership form as a new member would. In addition, see below under “Your Rights” for a description of your right of erasure.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
• Your personal data collected by Angus Beef Ireland is controlled by Certification Manager/ Data Protection Officer - Donal Gilsenan, Angus Beef Ireland, Kilpatrick, Bunbrosna, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath.N91 VY83. The certification manager/ data protection officer can also be reached by email Angus Beef Ireland.
• You have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation to request from Angus Beef Ireland access to or erasure of your personal data, restriction of processing of your personal data, the right to object to processing of your personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
• To request this please contact Donal Gilsenan at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Angus Beef Ireland, Kilpatrick, Bunbrosna, Mullingar, Co Westmeath N91VY83
• Any complaint regarding the holding of your personal data by Angus Beef Ireland can be lodged with the Data Protection Commission, Data Protection